Compact, Ergonomic Inverted Microscope for Cell Culture
With improved image quality and ergonomics, the Olympus CKX53 inverted microscope delivers stable performance and a comfortable workflow for a variety of cell culture needs, including live cell observation, cell sampling and handling, image capture, and fluorescence observation.
Easy Live Cell Observations
Fast Cell Observation with the Integrated Phase Contrast (iPC) System
- High contrast provides a clear view of cells at 4x, 10x, 20x, and 40x without the need to exchange or re-center the ring slit
- Phase contrast system facilitates simple and efficient cell observation for a faster, more comfortable workflow
Efficient Cell Screening with a Clear, Wide View
- Efficiently screen for desired cells thanks to the ring slit for the PLN2X objective, which offers a 22 mm field of view and an 11 mm diameter
- 2X objective provides noticeably higher contrast than other objectives, so even transparent objects in the sample can be clearly identified
Live Cell Observation Under Sterile Conditions
Small Footprint Enables In-Hood Sterilization
The CKX53 microscope fits on a clean lab bench and can be remain there during the UV sterilization process thanks to its UV-resistant coating. The system is about 7 kg (15.4 lb), lighter than the previous model and has a smaller footprint, so it takes up less space in your lab. You can move the microscope with one hand, and it’s easy to carry it by the neck of the observation tube. The base’s sliding pad makes it easy to position.
Easy Cell Sampling in a Sterile Bench Environment
The short distance between the view point and the optical axis/focus knob facilitates natural hand positioning and makes focusing and cell sampling easier.
Efficient Cell Observation and Handling
Accommodates a Variety of Cell Culture Containers
- The universal holder makes it easy to view cells that were cultured in a variety of containers, including dishes, microplates, and flasks
- Three 35 mm dishes can fit on the stage with the optional holder attachment
- Different types of microplates can be accommodated without the holder
Comprehensive Observation for a Multilayer Tissue Flask
- The microscope’s width and easily detachable condenser enable you to view containers, such as multilayer tissue flasks, up to 190 mm (7.5 in.) in height
- The PLCN4X objective’s depth of focus makes it easy to observe cells in the two bottom layers of a multilayer flask
Flexibility to Use Larger Cell Culture Containers
- Lift the holder’s arm to manually position culture containers
- Expand the stage up to 70 mm (2.8 in.) to the left and right for greater handling flexibility
Ergonomic Microscope Design
Comfortable Viewing Position
The eyepieces’ 45-degree angle and the placement of the butterfly-shaped observation tube against the stage facilitates ergonomic cell observation, whether standing or seated.
Rest Your Hand Near the Controls
All the controls, including the power switch, coarse and fine focus, and the knob for switching the light path, are ergonomically located for easy access and reduced user fatigue.
3D Cell Views with the Inversion Contrast (IVC) Technique
The IVC technique offers a narrower depth of field than phase contrast, rendering clear three-dimensional images for objects of any shape or transparency. IVC observation also provides clear views without halos or directional shadows, preserving the integrity of object details during observation.
*10X objectives (PLCN10X, CACHN10XIPC) are used for this new IVC observation.
Esquerda: PH/Direita: IVC Esquerda: PH/Direita: IVC
Easy Fluorescence Imaging
Clear Views with a Wide Range of Fluorescent Dyes
With the CKX53 standard fluorescence set, even weak fluorescence signals can be viewed clearly with the aid of different integrated light sources, such as a 100 W mercury lamp (U-LH100HG), a LED and LDP light source (U-LGPS), and 3rd party LEDs*. The same type of mirror unit as those offered with our IX3 and BX3 microscopes can be set in the mirror unit slider’s three slots.
*Not available in some areas.
High Contrast Under Bright Conditions
The Umbra Shield efficiently blocks out room light, enhances the contrast of fluorescence, and enables clear fluorescence observation under bright lab conditions. When using phase contrast, you can lift the shield to pass light through to the sample.
Achieve a Safer and More Flexible Cell Culture Process with a Wireless Digital Camera and Heads-Up Display
With the wireless LAN-enabled EP50 digital camera, you can move your CKX53 microscope around the tissue culture room and into a biosafety cabinet without having to worry about a corded connection to a computer. Manipulate and save images remotely from a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Add the heads-up display for a compact all-in-one imaging solution. The entire unit can be safely used inside a biosafety cabinet, keeping your samples sterile while you image.
* Third-party products may not be available in some countries.
|Fluorescence (Blue/Green Excitation)
|Fluorescence (Ultraviolet Excitation)
|Built in, 4 positions
|Widefield (FN 22)
|100 W Mercury Lamp
|Light Guide Illumination
|Ultra-Long Working Distance Condenser
|NA 0.3/ W.D. 72 mm (built in)
|Dimensions (W × D × H)
|200 mm × 498 mm × 454 mm (7.9 in. × 19.6 in. × 17.9 in.) (Phase contrast entry configuration)
|Approx. 6.9 kg (15.2 lb)
*2x overview with an 11 mm diameter view for efficient cell screening.