The New Generations Choice of Innovative Educational Microscopes
Leica DM500 & DM750
Made for Future Nobel Prize Winners
Science Teaching Revitalized
The more time the instructor has to teach, the more students can learn. The Leica DM500 and DM750 microscopes were specifically developed to revitalize science teaching and to achieve the goal of more hands-on time for Life science courses. With many student-friendly features and high-quality construction, the Leica DM500 and DM750 invigorate science learning and teach the next generation of scientists effectively and efficiently.
- Based on the same optical platform as Leica Microsystems’research microscope line, students enjoy outstanding optical performance with full access to virtually all accessories from the Leica Microsystems microscope product line.
- NEW! 100× dry (no oil needed) objective provides very high resolution (N.A. 0.8) while eliminating the oil.
- Integrated vertical handle provides easy carrying and easy lifting when storing on high shelves; undercut on front of stand works in combination with the handle for safer, two-handed carrying.
- Integrated cord wrap eliminates damage to microscope components from improper cord wrapping; vertical cord insertion prevents the cord from pulling partially out of the stand while in storage or in use.
- The unique shape of the microscope stand protects controls from damage when microscopes are stored side-by-side.
- Student friendly slide holder to prevent slide chipping.
- L ED illumination provides cool, white light with a lifetimeof over 20 years average use. No longer need to change lamps during lab time and save the expense of replacement lamps.
- T he cost-savings pays for several microscopes over their lifetimes.
- Microscope stage maintains its dimension, which eliminates the chance of injury from contact with a conventional stage rack.
- Rounded edges are easy on the skin.
- The spread of disease from surfaces is of great concern, especially in educational environments. Leica Microsystems has integrated an additive so that all microscope touchpoints are treated to inhibit the growth of bacteria. This helps to prevent the spread of disease via the microscope surfaces and leads to a healthier laboratory environment.
DM500 – Science Teaching Made Easy
The Leica DM500 is ideal for first level Life Science courses.The microscope’s stand features provide “plug and play” capability. All students need to do is turn the power on, place the specimen slide on the stage, focus, and enjoy the view!
Ready to work
- Pre-centered, pre-focused Abbe condenser eliminates the need for adjustments
- Eyepieces integrated with the eyetubes to prevent loss
- Preset diopter adjustments eliminating the opportunity to incorrectly set diopters
- Other viewing tubes are also available
- Patented captive thumbscrew for safe rotation of the EZTube™
All in one
- Abbe Condenser slot for phase contrast and darkfield sliders,including patented 4 position phase slider which offers brightfield and phase capabilities all in one slider
- LED illumination designed to provide even lighting across the full field of view without adjustments
- Also available with a rechargeable battery powered stand for field use
DM750 – Science Teaching for a New Generation
The Leica DM750 is designed specifically for the versatile needs of advanced Life Science courses as well as for professional training such as medical, veterinary, and dental schools.
• Standard condenser for magnifications 4× – 100×
• Phase turret condenser for brightfield and phase contrast
• Flip top condenser for low magnifications
• The DM750 is available with a 4 position or 5 position nosepiece
- Special stage finish offers additional protection from friction damage
- Patented time delay shutoff saves energy by automatically turning off the illumination after 2 hours of no use
A+ focus, contrast & illumination
- Weighted focus knobs provide inertia and extremely accurate focus capability
- Koehler field diaphragm available as an option for optimum illumination and contrast
Shared viewing made easy
- Variety of viewing tubes provide free rotation while securely fixed to the stand
- Standard viewing tubes with eyepiece locking screws to prevent loss of eyepieces
The ability to share, capture, and archive images is an important part of the microscopy laboratory. Now available: the full range of Leica Microsystems imaging solutions, including the one-of-a-kind Leica ICC50 HD digital camera module.
Leica ICC50 HD Camera Module – Integrated and Modular
- Fast, high-resolution (up to 1920 × 1080) live image on an HD display for scanning slides, observing moving specimens,and viewing the finest details on large screens
- Direct connection to an HD display
- Capture images and movie clips on an SD card for easy portability of the system
- Control the camera functions via two onboard buttons for easy access
- Optional handheld remote for fine tuning the image, customizing camera settings, and viewing a gallery of images and movie clips from the SD Card for easy playback
- Includes Leica Application Suite (LAS) EZ software for easy camera control, image capture, annotation, measurement and documentation.NEW: Free hand annotation is now available on the live and saved image!
- Compatible with a wide selection of optional Leica Microsystems software modules.
- The modular design of the system allows easy upgrades and service.
Human blood Lily of the Valley - Bellflower
Giant chromosomes parotid gland
Pine wood Taste Buds